From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Peter Smagorinsky [smago@uga.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:56 AM
To: 'eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity'
Subject: RE: [xmca] FW: vygotsky in perspective

Incidentally, Lermontov (the poet of "The Sail"), who died at age 26 from a
gunshot wound suffered during a duel, is considered by many to be Russia's
great poet following Pushkin, who was also killed in a duel over his anger
at a man whom he believed to have made advances upon his wife. At least
we're not shooting each other (yet) over our differences.