From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On
Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 7:30 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Re: ye

Yes, that's exactly it, Monica. I didn't realise you weren't a native
speaker.

Just a warning/qualification on what I have said. I am not claiming that
the concepts of Activity and Discourse ought to be identified; clearly
they indicate different traditions of scientific analysis which pick out
different objects from the flow of human life. I think I am suggesting
though that both sciences ought to expand their self-concept so as to
assimilate the gains of the other, creating a single, nuanced concept of
Discursive Activity. This of course has nothing to do with assimilating
practical actions with word meaning. But the distinction between
practical intelligence and verbal thinking/action is developmentally
overcome, ontologically, but also historically, I think.

Andy