Re: [xmca] Go Back to Where you Came From

We need something like that here.  South Africa has the highest number of
refugees in the world (about 3-4 million) and there have been outbreaks of
zenophobia again here. I would not want to send my little Zimbabwean pupil
and his Mom back to face the military which is going to guarentee Mugabe
success in the upcoming polls.
Carol

On 29 June 2011 03:55, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

> This is off topic, but ... in Australia last week we had the most amazing
> example from the genre of reality TV. A group of 6 lower middle-class white
> Australian racists who all hated "boat people" and thought they deserved to
> drown, etc. (5 of the 6, one was OK), were sent on a "reverse refugee
> journey," starting in Austrtalian detention centres, on to a leaky boat to
> the various staging points ultimately back to Iraq and an African civil war.
> It was a real perezhivanie! The show is blocked for viewers in the US as I
> guess they plan to sell it, I don't know about other countries, but you can
> watch the follow-up catharsis here: http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/**goback<http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/goback>where you can see if these people changed their mind.
>
> Andy
>

> --
> ------------