[xmca] Units of Scientiic Achievement

I have just re-read Kuhn's "Structure of Scientific Revolutions" after many years. As is often the case with a classic like this, it proved to be a lot more nuanced than its reception (or my memory of it). One of the lines which struck me was this: "the unit of scientific achievement is the solved problem." (p. 169) In the context of Vygotsky's writing on true concepts and the meaning he gives to "unit" this is very profound. Reading Kuhn from Vygotsky I find very productive.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
Joint Editor MCA: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=g932564744
Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/