[xmca] AERA 2012 - CHR Sig in Vancouver!

Dear fellow xmca-ers!

This is a reminder about the proposal submission deadline for the AERA
annual meeting to be held in Vancouver, Canada, April 13 - April 17,
2012. The deadline for proposal submissions is July 22, 2011.

The theme for the meeting is "Non Satis Scire: To Know is Not Enough."

You will find more detailed information at:
http://www.aera.net/uploadedFiles/2012_Annual_Meeting_Theme.pdf .
Conference organizers stress the importance of the dialogue on how to
use research "to improve education and serve the public good." You can
also view this year's call for proposals at

http://www.aera.net/uploadedFiles/Publications/Journals/Educational_Rese
archer/4004/198-220_05EDR11.pdf

The Cultural-Historical Research SIG needs your contributions to create
a strong and visible program!

We welcome all submissions, although those that explore this general
theme from a cultural-historical perspective are of special interest.
Given all the lively discussions on the XMCA site, we're looking forward
to some exciting presentations and discussions this year! Keep in mind
that the number and type of sessions allocated by AERA to each unit are
based in part on the total number of proposals received by the unit - so
please submit your proposals to our SIG!

All proposals must be submitted electronically through the AERA Online
Proposal Submission System, which is now open.

Please login to advance a paper or session submission
<http://www.aeramail.org/l.jsp?d=561.10686.78.8SikQnTE7sGAE95wFEPMK3g..A
>  and be sure to pay special attention to the six elements that must be
addressed in the narrative paper submissions even if the results,
conclusions, or findings are not complete or final at the time of the
submission.  It's important, too, that you indicate your preferred type
of session and willingness to present in alternative formats at the time
of submission. The roundtable format introduced at the 2010 Annual
Meeting was very well received. We encourage you to consider presenting
in this format, as well as the poster session format, both of which
allow for greater interaction than a paper session.

We would like to specially thank our past reviewers for their hard work
and to celebrate those who volunteered for this year's pool. It was
wonderful to have so many well qualified members step forward and made
the whittling down to 10 quite tough.

Reflections on the last meeting? Please email us back with any thoughts,
highlights, recommendations based on last year's events!

We hope to hear from you!

Sincerely,
Emily Duvall emily@uidaho.edu
Elina Lampert-Shepel ellampert@gmail.com
Cultural-Historical Research SIG Program Co-Chairs

AERA 2012 in Vancouver!