Re: [xmca] Re: Word Meaning and Action: What' Plausible branch?

I wonder how much we would agree or disagree on a position that I stated bluntly in an earlier post: that

Words _ARE_ words only within languages.

A great deal follows from this idea, if it's accepted.
If it's not accepted, I sincerely don't have any idea what people mean by "words."