[xmca] Vygotsky Circle as a Personal Network of Scholars: Restoring Connections Between People and Ideas

P.S. Oh, yes, speaking of Vygotsky's followers and their integrative theory.

I have just been informed that the previously announced paper on Vygotsky Circle
has just been released as an Online First publication, see:

Yasnitsky, A. (2011). Vygotsky Circle as a Personal Network of Scholars:
Restoring Connections Between People and Ideas. Integrative Psychological and
Behavioral Science; DOI: 10.1007/s12124-011-9168-5
http://www.springerlink.com/content/b34101p383588v95/

The paper is quite long and fairly detailed, but the pictures, all five of them,
are really good and particularly loveable! Also, the Appendix stands out, I
guess... :)

I believe this is the first ever study of its kind that systematically
investigates the inter- and intra-group dynamics within the entire group of
scholars around Vygotsky during his lifetime and after his death. The rationale
for such study was provided somewhere else: please see discussion of the urgent
need in understanding collaborative and experimental aspects of Vygotsky & Co's
integrative science of cultural and biosocial development of mind, brain, and
behaviour, closer to the end of the paper under the section "Programmatic
Conclusion: What Needs to Be Done and How?" in

van der Veer, R. & Yasnitsky, A. (2011). Vygotsky in English: What Still Needs
to Be Done. Integrative Psychological and Behavioral Science; DOI:
10.1007/s12124-011-9172-9 @
http://www.springerlink.com/content/278j5025767m2263/

AY