Re: [xmca] "Inner Form" of Word, Symmetry, Ivanov Bateson?

But why should we equate the ideal with the psychological, David? I read ANL as saying the practices make word meaning just as practices make use value. Both are ideal but neither is psychological. That's precisely the trap that it's easy to fall into, to think that anything ideal is in the individual mind. Word meaning obscures the practices that produced it in the same way the the value of the commodity obscures the labor that produced it. Bourgeois economists and linguists are cut from the same cloth.

Isn't that a more likely reading?

Martin