Re: [xmca] Finding common ground across sociocultural frameworks

Maybe because I am upside down these days, I get the point now, Larry.  :-))

historical in place of ahistorical sure helps at the front end.

I think the second point clearly follows, as you say. Active and passive are
not absolute anythings, stances included, and they are in constant tension
for sure. In the beginning was the deed, but we enter the world late and
leave early, on the species time level of analysis, so there are sure a lot
of words there that we might feel as if we had to respond to,
ontogenetically and microgenetically speaking.

But I get lost after that in talk of the more inclusive sociocultural
perspective.

I am still in search of some empirical examples of this perspective in
action (including action research!). I have not had time to look at the
books that Peter pointed us to when I asked about this issue before. I would
think that classrooms would offer special challenges with respect to the
passive/active stance.

mike