Re: [xmca] crisis at age 17

This is great stuff Andy!

I hypothesize that this crisis in all its dimension is somewhat latter
today. Based in anecdotal evidence I would say that in occidental world the
crisis of arriving to adulthood, the responsibility of "taking up a place in
adult society" occurs when one enters in the working environment of business
in all its demanding. Particularly has one notice a conflict between a
formed concept of the world and a dis-identification with the new
perceptions received from the working structures operating. Something like a
zone of discomfort created by the difference from the "ideal" concept and
the "real" forcing new adjustments in the self concept and the development
of new projects/activities.

Ivo

PS: Like your quote Quote for the Day: It is only after profounder
acquaintance with the other sciences that logic ceases to be for subjective
spirit a merely abstract universal and reveals itself as the universal which
embraces within itself the wealth of the particular – just as the same
proverb, in the mouth of a youth who understands it quite well, does not
possess the wide range of meaning which it has in the mind of a man with the
experience of a lifetime behind him, for who, the meaning is expressed in
all its power. Hegel, The Science of Logic (1812);

PS2: still have to find time to review your book "An Interdisciplinary
Theory of Activity". Five stars is given***** (apart from a not so
good Immanent critique of Piaget thought and tradition, which I found
unfair, it sounded like a matter of taste not of a real immanent
critique...)