Re: [xmca] fetishism | word meaning

I clipped the wrong line from Martin's post in that last message. I meant the Dickinson verse in reponse to the line that now appears below from Martin.

In Dickinson's verse, what's not timeless is not merely the meaning that a word does as a lexical unit in a language (i.e., in the philological sense), but even in a specific utterance the word spoken continues meaning, as it continues living, non-timelessly.