Re: [xmca] activity (was concepts)

On 21 April 2011 15:14, <ERIC.RAMBERG@spps.org> wrote:

> Huw:
>
> You are not speaking of a concept; you are speaking of a mediational tool
> or as Mike Cole identifies, an artifact.

Are there tools that don't mediate and are there things that mediate an act
that are not tools?

I could dig out some quotes, though our first obligation, as collaborators,
is to explore the meaning behind the words used, rather than to impose our
meaning upon them: to say "so and so is right or wrong because he says this
or that".  We can't learn or appreciate without attending to the meaning.

Huw