Re: [xmca] activity (was concepts)

You demonstrate my point exactly, Martin.
The commodity form is a relationship between people mediated by an artifact., not a thing.
Andy

Martin Packer wrote:
Andy,

I don't see the logic of your argument. In Capital, the unit of analysis was the commodity, or to be more accurate the 'commodity form.' The commodity is a unit of production, and a unit of consumption. One might say that in it one finds the 'unity' of production and consumption. Production is an activity (leaving aside questions of the definition of that term). Consumption is an activity. But a commodity is not an activity.
So how does the fact that LSV read Capital provide a basis for arguing that word-meaning is an act?

Martin