[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] collaborative notes and wiki during AERA
- To: Greg Mcverry <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] collaborative notes and wiki during AERA
- From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:09:34 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=G7NYh/M++CiiPW+YJR7ViovMP5OpDvoVaJLI0Gy82Fo=; b=Zozk39O1EOBVKPbQzShwMtcUoE/Ps+BRrgs9h46/aINoPtgmU5i9bDJ4qPKK0CkLFc zNJFC5G/dT52009MxcIczcXygrat6P3efNoJQMddO9NiKjEkeEOT2luIXmD+E7/Kcq5O uan6R9vu/Z9LNMRz8VJsIBHyXoiL8EBswd/iU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:cc:content-type; b=F0W2kEmLKYW3GYYQN2ITZU9eS8YhOd8jd9KdJeQdjIAZ00YkVbMXUwDPSqL66OIhr4 mP6o4m6Cm8ul0gDgakW8UPCNLWEqxURS2xsTA80cqHv6jUkv5r3S77cLSmxuYTeDnnBB gnhtygBnWvkATRxvU2eJngC3kkVMxl3GXoRmA=
- In-reply-to: <BANLkTi=RPvU6ONWdi5K7SHk2TZwCeyYtSw@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <BANLkTim-XOjidkQ_hc1NKXqkW7gAqrWO=Q@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTintXwjuncgP1oOUKY8g8s=n2fFPNA@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTi=RPvU6ONWdi5K7SHk2TZwCeyYtSw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Wonderful for those of us on the periphery, Mark.
Thanks to all who are doing this.
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Greg Mcverry <firstname.lastname@example.org>wrote:
> Thanks for sharing the link, and for getting this ball rolling.
> For those who do not know we were going back and forth on Twitter trying to
> figure out a system for collaborative note-taking. In the past it has just
> been Twitter but these notes are short and not connected to the program.
> We next tried Google SideWiki ( a cool toolbar that allows you to save
> notes on a webpage for anyone to see). This would have worked and we were
> going to use the notes attached to the public program. However, sidewiki was
> not accessible on mobile browsers or tablets and requires a tool bar
> So we settled on suggesting taking rough notes on gDocs and then
> formalizing the notes on the wiki.
> It would be nice for organizers to be thinking about collaborative
> note-taking in long term planning and building apps that allow for
> previewing programs as well as public notes.
> Mark, as someone missing the conference. The wiki has been a wonderful
> resource. It is also interesting to see how many more folks are on Twitter
> this year compared to last.
> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM, mike cole <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Totally cool, Mark.
>> I look forward to reading in on it, being unable to be there.
>> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Mark Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> > Hi!
>> > If anyone cannot make the meeting or anyone who is here and would like
>> > participate in collective note taking, there is a google doc:
>> > and a wiki:
>> > http://aera2011.wikia.com/wiki/AERA2011_Wiki
>> > associated with the conference. Now, if only we had reliable wifi or 3G.
>> > thanks,
>> > mark
>> > --
>> > Mark Chen | @mcdanger | markdangerchen.net
>> > Post-Doctoral Scholar | Games Ethnographer
>> > LIFE Center | UW Institute for Science and Math Education
>> > This was sent from a PC with a full-size keyboard; misspellings and
>> > are entirely my fault.
>> > __________________________________________
>> > _____
>> > xmca mailing list
>> > email@example.com
>> > http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
>> xmca mailing list
> J. Gregory McVerry
> Neag Fellow
> University of Connecticut
> New Literacies Research Lab
> twitter: jgmac1106
> "Literature, in this spirit, is an instrument of freedom, lightness,
> imagination, and yes, reason. It is our only hope against the long gray
xmca mailing list