Re: [xmca] Deb Roy

For me, reading over  various XMCA comments and thinking about discussions
at LCHC, it seems that, sticking entirely to issues around language
acquisition and development, it seems like there is pretty broad consensus
that Roy's theorizing of what he was observing way underperformed the
potential of the data. But I think the glimpse of the possible was/is very
intriguing.

Overall, the video reinforces my growing sense of the way in which human
codification of the world is very dangerous. Ineluctible, it seems, but
dangerous.

Was this concern also on LSV's mind? Jim Wertsch is fond of writing of his
ambivalent modernism.

mike