From: Larry Purss <lpscholar2@gmail.com>
Subject: [xmca] Folk Psychology from a narrative perspective
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 2:38 PM

I have attached a book review for others interested in a perspective on folk
psychology that assumes a perspective inspired by Jerome Bruner's work on
narrative practices,  Hutto is positing a 2nd person dialogical grounding
for understanding "reasons for actions"  He suggests this mode of
understanding is most pronounced when actions are unpredictable.  Hutto
suggests there are other more direct embodied forms of recognition and
engagement that are not narrative based.

I see some affinity in this perspective to David Kirschner's approach to
learning theory as narrative based genres.

Larry

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----