Re: [xmca] What is "structural change in the psyche"?

Hi Valerie--

A problem with the metaphor of cognitive maps is that it is used very much
as an internalized representation of unspecified structure. At least LSV
gives us a triangle, as minimalist as that is.
I kind of like Kennth Burke's pentad and the dramatic metaphor as a way to
provide systematic
consideration of the structure of human action. Of course, like any such
formulation (Yrjo's expanded triangle) it is not all encompassing (note
David Ke's comments on pluralism), any such scheme is partial whatever its
all encompassing ambitions.