Re: [xmca] Brains, Computer, and the Future of Education

Andy
I also agree that we must account for processes at the neurological level
from a CHAT perspective.  Are you aware of Vittorio Gallese's work with
George Lakoff. It is not a CHAT focus but he suggests  particular clusters
of neurons  fire when an act such as grasping is physically carried out,
when the act of grasping is "perceived" or when the act of grasping is
"imagined."  He suggests the same clusters of neurons fire  for all 3
distinct processes [physical action, perception, and imagination]. I don't
have the background to decide if this perspective may be relevant* but it is
curious to think that these 3 processes at the neuronal level share similar
firing patterns. *
**
*Larry*