Re: [xmca] RE: CHAT/SCT - A voice from the past

All excellent questions. I wonder what others think. I have already had a
long turn!
Besides it will take me a while to come up with as many questions to ask
Eugene as he has asked
of me, answering questions with questions being a long and honorable shared
tradition!
mike

Lisa, more briefly in answer to your questions about how things looked like
to me in 1992 (thanks Eugene, I find keeping track of the last century
difficult, even its latter half): Answers intersperse in BRIEF caps.

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch <lisayl@niu.edu>wrote:

> Eugene,
>
> You have articulated several issues I have been wondering and not had been
> able to put them to words yet myself. My main questions to everyone are:
>
> 1. Is there a problem that there are differences between CHAT and SCT?

No! Is there a problem that I am different from my brother?

> 2. Is one believed to be more legitimate than the other?

DEPENDS UPON WHO YOU ASK. MY OWN VIEW IS NO

> If yes who for what reasons? n/a
> 3. Do the two views need to come to an agreement to engage in more
> collaborative scholarly exchange, if so why?

YES because they provide complimentary tools for analysing a reality that
overwhelms and defies understanding that is of common concern.

my two kopeks.
mike