To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [xmca] Shared knowledge as Common Ground

Lucas-- I was able to grab the Herb Clark article. Concerned as it is with
joint, mediated, activity and the material/ideal nature of mediation, it has
to be close to my heart.
If others are interested, i can send a pdf.

The issue of "grounding" also comes up in wertsch's writings on the
given/new distinction, i think when he
discusses Rommetveit. Very worthwhile discussion and expansion as a topic.

I would also note that the entire issue of Discourse Studies should be
interesting people in this
discussion, from the introduction of x-lchc-ite Sandro Duranti to the
discussion around Manny Schegeloff's work (another x-lchc-ite from loooooong
ago).

Like old home week! thanks.

mike