[xmca] Fwd: Transborder Culture, Language and Learning

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eugene Garcia <Eugene.Garcia@asu.edu>
Date: Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Subject: Transborder Culture, Language and Learning
To: mcole@ucsd.edu

 Michael:

I hope this message finds you well.  It has been a while since we were in
touch but I hope you can be of some assistance in a key search we are doing
here at Arizona State University that is very much related to your work and
that of your colleagues.

The School of Transborder Studies here at ASU is searching for a faculty
member, one who would be important in developing our research and
instructional programs that integrate learning, education, culture and
transborder studies. The School is new, and, therefore, the new faculty
member could be quite influential in determining the future of the programs
and research at the School.  It is a particularly exciting time to work on
developing an important specialty interdisciplinary program and related
scholarly work. We have a great set of colleagues and look forward to hiring
other colleagues in the next few years.  Please feel free to visit our
website:    *http://transborder.clas.asu.edu/*<http://transborder.clas.asu.edu/>

        Highly motivated students are drawn to our present program by the
prospect of interacting closely with faculty members in small classes and
engaging in research at all stages of their careers.  This position would be
ideal for a more “senior” Assistant Professor or Associate Professor who is
as excited about teaching as s/he is at research, and who welcomes the
opportunity to collaborate with faculty members from a wide range of
fields.  Applications are invited from candidates whose teaching and
research are in transborder and cross-cultural learning, language and
schooling, and whose primary strength lies in contextual learning.  I have
attached the formal job description (see below).

Thank you in advance for sharing this announcement with colleagues,
including your students (and theirs) and anyone they, in turn, know who
would be interested in this opportunity. Please feel free to send along any
nominations—we will follow up with those individuals.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at my office
(602) 496-1152,
home (480) 704-7427 or cell (480) 458-8105, or by email at (***
eugene.garcia@asu.edu* <eugene.garcia@asu.edu>).  Muchas Gracias.

Gene Garcia, Chair

Search Committee Transborder Culture, Language and Learning

 <<Transborder Culture, Language, and Learning-Updated.docx>>