[xmca] Interview with David Kellogg on Vygotsky's Psychology of Art

Our collection of videos at http://vimeo.com/groups/39473/videos

now has an interview with David Kellogg on Vygotsky's Psychology of Art

    http://vimeo.com/groups/39473/videos/15686944

Peter's interview http://vimeo.com/groups/39473/videos/14844396 and David's are not a debate, or even a dialogue really, but two different views of the same work of Vygotsky, by two different people. But together they bring out the richness of the topic. Anyone else want to add their own view?

Please enjoy,
Andy

Andy Blunden wrote:
So far as I can tell, vimeo.com just offers a server to store and stream your video. Anything beyond that we need to put on a server elsewhere and link to the videos on vimeo, I think.

There is certainly a need to have a page(s) (e.g. on lchc.ucsd.edu) where the material is listed, organised, and described. Abstracts of the talks are needed, because on vimeo we have only a few lines to describe the content. But that page I think cannot be on vimeo.com. vimeo does have a blog capacity, and I think David Kellogg is so far the only person who has made use of it.

Were we to go down that road, issues that arise are (1) Keeping the information up to date as new videos are added, (2) Having the authority to categorise and prioritise videos. At the moment, the other side of lack of organisation and information, is that the vimeo page is very egalitarian and democratic. :)

   http://vimeo.com/groups/39473/videos

Andy

mike cole wrote:
Wow, Andy-- I had no idea that so many interesting videos had already been collected already, and just in time for Natalia's class!! Now THAT I call a bit of superb international collective action!! A well oiled machine, a
sleek and swift social organism.....

One question.
Might there be a way of people being able to see the list of all the topics as they open the page, or a single button they could press that brings up
the list? As it is, people might overlook at LOT of interest, and that
problem will just get worse as the collection becomes richer.
mike

PS_  For those who wonder what I am talking about, check out
http://vimeo.com/groups/39473/videos/15209886