[xmca] Search for a Department Chair

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to alert you to this search which has just opened for a Chair of
the Department of Human Development and Family Studies at the University
of North Carolina at Greensboro.

If you're not interested (though why on earth wouldn't you be?) but you're
aware of a friend or colleague who you think would be the perfect fit,
please bring the search to her or his attention.

Many thanks,

Jonathan Tudge

Department Chair ? Human Development and Family Studies

University of North Carolina at Greensboro

The Department of Human Development & Family Studies at the University of
North Carolina at Greensboro (www.uncg.edu/hdf) is seeking an outstanding
scholar and academic leader for the position of department chair and
professor beginning on or after July 1, 2011. Candidates must have an
earned doctorate in HDFS or a closely related field and an established
record of achievement in publication, external grant funding, teaching,
and academic administration. We are seeking a chair who can provide strong
intellectual, creative, and administrative leadership; has a collegial and
inclusive leadership style; is able to represent the department
effectively with colleagues in other disciplines as well as in the
community and nationally; and will contribute to the department?s national
reputation.  The area of research focus is open; we are seeking a
candidate who can enhance the department?s existing strengths in the study
of human development and family processes in sociocultural context, child
development from infancy through adolescence, lifespan development, family
relationships and family diversity, or early childhood education. This is
a 12-month position with an initial term of four years.

Applicants are asked to submit a vita with a letter describing their
qualifications and interest in the position, a description of their
research program and their approach to the responsibilities of a
department chair, and contact information for four references. Electronic
submission is preferred and can be directed to Ms Eileen Kane (
e_kane@uncg.edu). Inquiries and nominations should be sent to the search
committee chair, Marion O?Brien at m_obrien@uncg.edu.  Review of
applications will begin January 10, 2011, and continue until the position
is filled.

UNCG is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed
to increasing the diversity of its faculty. Thus, we seek to attract a
diverse applicant pool, including women, members of minority groups, and
individuals with disabilities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jonathan Tudge
Professor
155 Stone

Mailing address:
248 Stone Building
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
PO Box 26170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
USA

phone (336) 256-0131
fax   (336) 334-5076