[xmca] DavidK on LSV: Aeshetics and Ethics, Art, &&&

David--

The beautiful and apt pictures, your own included, complemented a really
interesting and challenging
text. I found the meta commentary on the rhetorical strategy and its
relation to that rhetorical strategies
in LSV's works particularly helpful as a means of linking together texts,
the early ones of which, are
rarely taken seriously as the "buds" to the later works in important ways so
that in identifiable senses, the
end is in the beginning.

I also was helped to understand your earlier note on aesthetics and ethics
which I had been puzzling over,
having missed the context in the prior discourse. But i am so educated, that
I found that I REALLY need to
go read the chapters you focus on from "Educational Psychology" in order to
be able to follow the flow
better. I also need to re-read the article on consciousness that is said to
have played such an important role
in his subsequent career (and all the rest of course, but those foremost for
me).

I have ordered Educational Psychology, but as i suspected, andy has had a
hand in getting the key chapters
you are talking about, and the article on consciousness at

http://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/works/1926/educational-psychology/index.htm

So, for others who also want to go back and read these texts, and least some
parts are only a click away.

More anon.