[xmca] The Problem of the environment

Andy
Thanks for posting Vygotsky's article The Problem of the Environment" first
published in "Foundations of Paedlogy" (1935)
I want to bracket on e paragraph for further reflection.

".... the ESSENTIALfactors which explain the influence of environment on the
psychological development of children, and on the development of their
conscious PERSONALITIES, are made up of their emotional experiences
[petrezhivanija].  The emotional experience [perezhivane] ARISING from any
situation or from any aspect of this environment, DETERMINES what KIND of
influence this situation or this environment will have on the child.
Therefore, it is not any of the factors IN THEMSELVES (if taken without
reference to the child) whunits oich determines how they will influence the
future course of his development, but the SAME FACTORS REFRACTED through the
PRISM OF THE CHILD"S EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE [perezhivanie]...."

I recognize that perezhivanie and "ideal models" in the environment cannot
be analyzed separately as "units of analysis" BUT for heuristic reasons can
perezhivanie be braceted to elaborate the motivational "systems" that
dynamically interact with the ideal models??
The question that I'm asking is if it is appropriate to analyze the basic
primary emotions that interact with the ideal forms?  A new book is
elaborating a "motivational systems theory" based on dynamic systems theory
and the article just mentioned has me thinking.

Larry