RE: [xmca] Link to this month's article

I will assume that Yrjo knows his career better than I do, so at this point I will simply apologize to Yrjo personally for misrepresenting his work in this statement, and to the xmca community for making a false and misleading remark about a colleague and for creating confusion on a topic that is complex to begin with. I am trying to get to the source of my misunderstanding, and if I can get to the bottom of it, will report back. With regrets, Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Yrjö Engeström
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:03 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Link to this month's article

This is a brief comment to Peter Smagorinsky's message, copied below.

Quixotian attacks on triangles have been a relatively common genre for
some years now. I usually do not get involved in those discussions
because I don't find them productive. However, I am slightly bothered
by the following sentence in Peter's message:
"Engeström, at least from what I've read, employs it [the 'triangle
framework'] as a consultant to business management to help construct
settings more conducive to collective productivity."

Since I have never done business management consulting, I would like
to know on what readings Peter might be basing his statement.

Cheers,

Yrjö Engeström

-----