Re: [xmca] Fwd: Private Speech and Self Regulatiion

I think all of this is closely related to what Tolman wrote about the
division of (specifically human) labor giving rise to conscious action,
consciousness, which appears as a special kind of co-knowledge,
Steve.

Luria theorized mediation in a really interesting way, combining
phylogenetic and cultural lines of development in one of the only ways left
open to him after about 1934. He was not, i believe, focused on the level of
local activities or how these activities are linked to their large
socio-cultural context, except in ritual speech.

We can't do it all! We can't get it all right.
I think he understood this perfectly.
mike