[xmca] 7th International Conference on Design & Emotion, Oct 407 in Chicago

Dear XMCA,
This peer-reviewed design research conference may be of interest to some of you. Keynotes include Mark Johnson and Cynthia Breazeal.

Best regards,
Judith

* * * * * *
7th International Conference on Design & Emotion, Chicago, hosted by IIT
Institute of Design
October 4-7, 2010
http://www.id.iit.edu/de2010/

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Early registration for the 7th International Conference on Design &
Emotion is extended to August 10!

We encourage you to register now at
http://www.id.iit.edu/de2010/des+emo-registration.html.

The 7th International Conference on Design & Emotion in Chicago will be
held October 4-7, 2010 in Chicago in Chicago, hosted by IIT Institute of
Design. This Conference is a forum held every other year where
practitioners, researchers and industry leaders meet and exchange
knowledge and insights concerning the cross-disciplinary field of design
and emotion. The conference is an international forum of design research
and practice representing academic, design and business communities.

Registration for Pre-Conference Workshop on October 4 registration will
be available next week at:
http://www.id.iit.edu/de2010/des+emo-programs_workshops.html.

About our keynotes see:
http://www.id.iit.edu/de2010/des+emo-keynote%20speakers.html

The Conference Motto: Blatantly Blues
Chicago is the home of the Blues. The Blues expresses the emotional
journey of our life experience. Sorrow and joy, desire and apathy, agony
and comfort, and love and despair are woven into the colorful sounds of
the Blues. Things and events in our life always have multiple meanings
and multiple emotional responses and so do the Blues. The 7th
International Conference on Design and Emotion calls for rich discourse
on a full spectrum of complex emotional experiences and their
implications to Design. During the conference, you will also have
opportunities for emotional experiences with the Chicago Blues.

Conference Venue
The Spertus Institute, 610 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60605
http://www.spertus.edu/programs/special/spertus_architecture_tour.php

We look forward to you joining us in Chicago for Design & Emotion 2010!

Best regards,

Conference Organizers
Conference Chair: Judith Gregory
Organizing Committee Chair: Keiichi Sato
Program Committee Chair: Pieter Desmet
Organizing Committee Members: Paul Hekkert, Geke Ludden, Anijo Mathew,
Juan Salamanca

E-mail: de2010@id.iit.edu
http://www.id.iit.edu/de2010/

Design & Emotion Society