Re: [xmca] Gita Vygotskaya's orbituary by Elena Kravtsova

Thanks Elina for your translation!

And great to see that there is a Vygotsky museum in Gomel, Bela Rus.

Leif
Sweden
27 jul 2010 kl. 02.05 skrev Elina Lampert-Shepel:

Dear all,
Attached please find Gita Vygotskaya's obituary that was published in
Russian newspapers. It was written by her daughter, professor Elena
Kravtsova. I took a liberty to translate and post it on xmca.
Best regards,
Elina

Elina Lampert-Shepel, Ed.D.
Associate Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367

-- I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of it and it
responds. It is free. But it's not free to do what a violin string is
supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it, fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then is it free to be a violin string.
-Sir Rabindranath Tagore
<Gita L.doc>