Re: [xmca] Universalism, Relativism, and Developmentalism

David
Just a gratuitous comment.  Does anybody have a picture of Shweder?  I will
then draw a turtle on his head, and send it to him as a well-deserved award.

Seriously, for me Shweder's real help for my students is his description of
a Central Processing Mechanism (CPM) for dealing with all aspects of
(individualistic) psychology, versus Cultural Psychology.  My students who
had come in from a background on mainstream psychology went goggle-eyed at
the difference and were sure they would never understand the course. So I
had to reassure them that we would understand the comparison (I had made a
chart with UoI etc.) by the *end *of the course.

Now I will stop with my narratives.
Carol