Re: [xmca] Natural/Cultural Lines/

Thanks, Mike.  Barsalou's work is interesting. He is exploring the possibility that what we call concepts are in-the-moment, on-line and dynamic - what he calls 'simulations' of experience. His work is certainly still situated in cognitive science, but it is moving in a direction we might applaud.

Barsalou, L. W. (2005). Abstraction as Dynamic Interpretation in Perceptual Symbol Systems. In L. Gershkoff-Stowe & D. Rakison (Eds.), Building object categories. (pp. 389-431). Majwah, NJ: Erlbaum.

Martin