Re: [xmca] comparing NewYorker images

Yes indeed, beware empty abstractions, Andy!
And rise to the concrete if we can.
My major point in that note was that in moving between "levels" of
abstraction contained with the image, our perception, how we
"see" the constituents changes. Might this be akin to the dynamics between
scientific and everyday concepts, and/or between differently configures
systems of higher psychological functions?
mike