[xmca] 7th International Design & Emotion Conference, October 4-7, Institute of Design, Chicago

Dear xmca,
For your possible interest and circulation to interested colleagues,
Best regards,
Judith

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We are glad to let you know that early registration is now open for the 7th International Design & Emotion Conference, http://www.id.iit.edu/de2010/des+emo-registration.html.

We are also delighted to announce our three confirmed keynote speakers:

Cynthia Breazeal, Roboticist, Social Robotics, MIT Media Lab
http://web.media.mit.edu/~cynthiab/index.html
http://www.media.mit.edu/people/cynthiab

Mark Johnson, Knight Professor of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Oregon
Author of The Meaning of the Body: Aesthetics of Human Understanding and with George Lakoff, Philosophy in the Flesh: The Embodied Mind and Its Challenge to Western Thought
http://www.uoregon.edu/~uophil/faculty/profiles/markj/

Jeroen van Erp
Creative director design firm Fabrique
http://www.fabrique.nl/en/

Conference Venue
The beautiful Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies
http://www.spertus.edu/aboutspertus/building/glassfacade.php

We look forward to you joining us in Chicago for Design & Emotion 2010!

Best regards,
Judith Gregory, Keiichi Sato, Anijo Mathew, Juan Salamanca, Institute of Design
Paul Hekkert, Pieter Desmet, Geke Ludden, TU Delft

Institute of Design, IIT
350 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654
tel: (+1) 312 595 4900