[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] God's finger in American history (re: Texas this week)
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] God's finger in American history (re: Texas this week)
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 19:53:31 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:reply-to :in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=mn3fNAto7xBKz7zVV7Jn2IJSk7pp2CfxwPjE/4ilPAQ=; b=bpDFZEd7FvCBsW7/plxLqIgHhNNriUf2HAtkZPk3QWsgTTXbNuFU7i1gH1/scYz8GF YylK/1vf2rnaXJ1IohiMFS7g8lD906QkboamhEo14OqgFZqMUmjoYGQTfYlPLQM5cgMM PFbT4oHW1lwb1qH+9a6UxIGRbAnD0zjuYoULk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; b=Jun8xJ+3E49Rbjf3HjI0A/P17k9k4o+vg3YPIVx25bI4svDarPePjEMjTqbjpi1TmC /H3B2j+jih2I/+K++X5yn64k0+H8552gWZqzNQSYjkMdSm5rDrD37OgGmGuRtKmGyo9Q Fd8VCOai8vCo/kvKdXD8nJoTXf1SvyDRz9pYc=
- In-reply-to: <Pine.SOL.4.60L.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <Pine.SOL.4.60L.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
As incredibly depressing as it is, it is certainly relevant, Tony. We have
been cursed to live in interesting times. May God Bless the oyster beds of
her Deleware bay.
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Tony Whitson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This is off-topic, but some folks here have been interested in the travesty
> unfolding now with Texas history standards.
> I've posted videos from Glen Beck's May 15 commencement speech at Falwell's
> Liberty University, at
> First, there's a short clip (1+ min.) in which he says:
> "It is God's finger that wrote the Declaration of Independence and the
> Constitution. This is God's country; these are God's rights. I have no idea
> what he wants us to do with them, other than protect them, and stand with
> Below that, there's the video of the entire half-hour speech.
> Noting that this is where lame duck Board member Cynthia Dunbar teaches
> Constitutional Law, I quote from a recent NY Times Mag piece to show
> congruence between Beck's history, her teaching, and what she will be voting
> to have taught in Texas schools.
> It's time for God to put Her thumb down forcefully on TX SBOE.
> Tony Whitson
> UD School of Education
> NEWARK DE 19716
> "those who fail to reread
> are obliged to read the same story everywhere"
> -- Roland Barthes, S/Z (1970)
> xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list