[xmca] Vygotsky conference/Nov. 2010

Dear Friends,
Here is the first information sheet for the next Vygotsky Conference in Moscow in November 2010. It would be wonderful to see many of you there.....The one problem in the past has been housing, and we will be trying to work to improve that area, so that things will be easier. It would be wonderful if you could attend this very special conference. Also, if you plan to attend, please ask about the outside activities before booking your flight.
Just a note: Gita L. Vygodskya turned 85 yesterday, May 9th, and she was surrounded by family and friends!
With very best wishes,
Dot

XI International Readings dedicated to the memory of L.S.Vygotsky
“The Zone of Proximal Development of Theoretical and Practical Psychology”

We are inviting you to take part in XI International Readings dedicated to the memory of L.S.Vygotsky “The Zone of Proximal Development of Theoretical and Practical Psychology”.
The conference will take place in the Vygotsky Institute of Psychology of Russian University for the Humanities in Moscow from 15 November till 18 November 2010.

Conference participants will be able to take part in plenary meetings, organize workshops, make presentations in the following sections:

-        “Zone of Proximal Development and beyond”
-        “Zone of Proximal Development as method and methology of  non-classical psychology”
-        “Zone of Proximal Development: myth or reality?”
-        and many others

We are offering you to take part in the discussion of various problems.
Among them:

-        Using the idea of ZPD in different social practices
-        Diagnosis and correction of ZPD
-        Aimed development of ZPD
-        Individual and collective nature of ZPD
-        Psychological content of the ZPD conception
-        ZPD in man's psychic, personal and cultural development.

On November 17 the Vygosky Institute of Psychology is celebrating 15 years. We will be glad to meet you at the XI International Readings dedicated to the memory of L.S.Vygotsky and at the Institute jubilee celebration.

If you are planning to take part in the Conference, present a paper, publish your abstract or get additional information, please send an application to the xi.vyg.conf@gmail.com
You will receive participation conditions, publication and abstract requirements if you will sent your application before 25 August 2010. The deadline for abstracts and science papers is 10 September 2010.

With best regards,
Conference organization committee

P.S. If there are problems with the e-mail connection, please contact Anton Maximov at
 arankster@gmail.com. If problems with that e-mail, please contact D. Robbins at dot.robbins@gmail.com. I will try to help with housing.