RE: RE: [xmca] Fleer/Hedegaard for discussion

it began December 7 1981 -- what made you think the evidence was gathered in
the 70's?

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On
Behalf Of ERIC.RAMBERG@spps.org
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:38 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: RE: [xmca] Fleer/Hedegaard for discussion

Hey Carol:

Great question, it refers to a child being 'diagnosed' with a 'learning
disability' based on how the six hours spent in school rather than the
entire picture of how the child is developing and functioning.  This was
written in 1982 and is based on evidence gathered in the 1970's so there has
been progress in the evaluation of students that takes into account
observing the child in multiple settings and contexts.  Another great
article to read is Traupman's and Cole's  "Learning from a learning disabled
child."  published in 1979 as part of a symposium conducted at the
University of Minnesota.

eric

Carol Macdonald <carolmacdon@gmail.com>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
05/06/2010 10:56 AM
Please respond to "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity"