Re: [xmca] Honestly....

Andy:

That is as best an answer that I have heard, thank you.

I geuss I am falling into the same abyss of misunderstanding that Carol
is.

Part of the issue for me is that I am not a researcher and therefore don't
necessarily hold tight to one fundamental theory but rather read for the
purpose of assisting me in my practice of assisting young adults move from
instabiltiy to stability in their lives.  The greatest insights for me
have come from LSV, Michael Cole, Sylvia Scribner and Valsiner as well as
reading and writing to XMCA.  Now recently I was introduced to Peter
Fonagy's concept of mentalisation and in the introduction to the following
article:

Fonagy, P., Gergely, G., & Target, M. (2007). The parent-infant dyad and
the construction of the subjective self. J
Child Psychol Psychiatry, 48(3-4), 288-328.

He outlines that intersubjectivity as discussed by Tomasello assumes too
much of the infant.

So; i posted something last week that equated intersubjectivity with
Piaget and wanted to correlate Fonagy's concept of mentalization with
LSV's theory of human development.

what do others think?
eric

Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
04/26/2010 09:52 AM
Please respond to ablunden; Please respond to "eXtended Mind, Culture,
Activity"