Re: [xmca] intersubjectivity = Piaget, mentalisation = LSV

Yes Larry:

Very relevant musing indeed.  Mostly for me the issue at hand is
supporting LSV in chapter six that development happens in starts and fits
and that relevant instruction leads development.  In one respect where I
disagree with LSV is that he believed academic instruction was the
requirement and I believe Michael Cole's cross-cultural studies have
sufficiently refuted this idea.  My purpose for the initial post was that
I have recently read both LSV and Fonagy in proximity I was considering
the similarities between the two.

I am curious Larry do you believe that people have or possess emotions or
do they belong to the collective culture?

what do others think?
eric

Larry Purss <lpurss@shaw.ca>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
04/22/2010 12:26 PM
Please respond to "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity"