From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On
Behalf Of Larry Purss
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 11:48 AM
To: ablunden@mira.net; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] The Interpersonal Is Not the Sociocultural

Hi Andy
You wrote
"Every text has a context, a history, and a speaker."
I have enjoyed books [Ihe Primary Triangle is an example] that take a theme
and write chapters on the same theme or text from different perspectives.
In "The Primary Triangle" which is writing about the 1st year of an infants
life and the father-mother-infant triangle wrote in this format. There was a
chapter on " structural relations" another chapter on  "functional
relations" and a third chapter from "dynamic/historical relations" What do
you or others think about this format or narrative chapter?
Another example could be Martin's approach of elaboeating "epistemological
relations" in one chapter and then wring a chapter on "ontological
relations"
Your comment on texts having context, history, and a speaker
[subjectivity/intersubjectivity] prompted this thought.

Thanks

Larry