[xmca] Institutions and concepts

mike cole wrote:
Perhaps I am agreeing with Andy about the linkages between institutions and
concepts, which is also a linkage between activities and concepts.

Mike, I would like to mention the following semantic connections which I think CHAT needs to pay attention to if we are to talk to the numerous other currents who share our domain of enquiry.

Institution = Discourse  (Foucault)
            = Practico-intert (Sartre)
            = Object (Hegel)
            = Activity (ANL, def. by object)
            = Genre (Bakhtin)
            = Frame (Goffman)
            = Tradition (Gadamer)
            = Figured world (D Holland)
            = Activity System (Engestrom?)
            = Social formation (Marx)
            = Field (Bourdieu)
which is a dead or solidified ...?
Project     for Schmit
            for Hegelians like Pinkard and Andy
            for Existentialists (Sartre, Heidegger?)
Gestalt des consciousness for Hegel
momentary   = context
            = situation

Projects & Institutions have as Units ... ?
            = Concept
	    = Action (ANL)
	    = Text?

obviously none of the = are really =, because they involve different conceptual frames. Which is my point, I guess.

Andy