Re: [xmca] Re: Play and the Owl of Minerva

David,

I'm sure I'm like all the rest of us. I really, really want to believe in the vision of mastery through reason, and the capacity of the rational to conquer irrational forces. At the same time, there's a little existentialist dancing in the background who playfully suggests that it is the irrational forces that *give* life its meaning, and that reason often squeezes the life out of things. That's just one of my inner irrational impulses, I know!

Martin