Re: [xmca] Dialects of Development- Sameroff

PS-- One attractive part of Arnie's article is his inclusion of the history
of academic research in the field in accounts of the phenomena "out there"
(nature-nurture antimony). At the same time, one of the shortcomings of his
analysis is weakness of his account of cultural history more broadly
so that there is explicit recognition/representation of the fact that the
social is NOT = to the cultural, that social others are biological creatures
as well as cultural creatures, so that both nature and nurture are
imbricated with culture from "before the beginning."