[xmca] I feel like flying: The playworld paper

Yuan-- Your message came in long melange of gmail messages, and I did not
see how to respond just to it.
But I found your analysis and sympathies very interesting and sympatico.
mike

David, the way I see it, the play discussion runs parallel to the play:  the
main "argument" of Pearl as representative of her camp is that she did not
know what to make newly added characters say. She took a stance and had
difficulty coming up with what to say to support her stance, but she ended
up with the best line, with support from others, winning people over and
setting up for the finale. I see the preparation for and organization of the
play have the two elements you suggest: what to do with different people's
wanting different things, and resolving it within the confines the teacher
set out; when the children (those who spoke, those who nodded, those who
listened and agreed or disagreed privately) and the teacher participated in
taking different perspectives of the problem by articulating and trying to
comprehend what another was saying.
I love the video clips, young children articulating and trying to
articulate. They solved the difficult problem that their teacher declared
insolvable. The whole event is like a film that has a satisfying conclusion.
No wonder some children said afterwards, "I feel like I'm flying", in
different ways.
If I may borrow your terms, xmca can be thought of as a playworld of
Guileless Deceit and Gratuitous Difficulty, asking and answering big
questions, presenting different perspectives, taking of these perspectives?
Yuan