Re: [xmca] "overimitation" ref

I agree with your analysis, Rod. The application of "over" to this form of
imitation obscures the sources of reward for the children in imitating
adults. I was trying to indicate that this phenomenon fits well the idea of
the special role of social others in earliest infancy evidenced as part of
mutual imitation.

I know what you mean about the problems of working time and a half while
engaging in these discussions. No one can read and respond to everything--
almost certainly no one wants to! But the presence of a diverse and changing
group of "chatters," while frustrating at times, is also a source of
dependably helpful, if often unexpected, insight and enrichment of what do
in our "paid for" lives.

Our in again out again discussion of the special qualities of human
sociality and its development being a case in point.

mike