Re: [xmca] "Culture of fear".

Gilbert -- I assume the "Our" you start with is a statement about homo
sapiens sapiens?

I am uncertain of the temporal sequence in your account of language. My
stomach grumbles, a bodily sound. Do I use this sound to represent something
outside of myself? How i react to something presumably is conditional on
what I am doing and where i am but hard to see that in your account.

The part about a fearful environment of evolutionary adaptation certainly
seems plausible....... and for most of humanity a lot of the time, remains
true to this day.
mike