RE: [xmca] Purposes and processes of education

While looking for some references in response to Mike's inquiry, I found
something else at:
http://books.google.com/books?id=YUpDAAAAYAAJ&pg=PR1&lpg=PR1&dq=origins+of+e
ducation+india&source=bl&ots=JZeN9j_PSe&sig=vznamnLT4CttT2PMBN3KskUNzNs&hl=e
n&ei=tFBTS8KsDJO1tge8v4y_CQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CCoQ
6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

For those of you interested in colonialism and globalization, it looks like
a fascinating bit of historical perspective. p

Peter Smagorinsky
Professor of English Education
Department of Language and Literacy Education
The University of Georgia
125 Aderhold Hall
Athens, GA 30602
smago@uga.edu