Re: [xmca] Rudolph Steiner

I remember the first time I visited a Waldorf school in Sweden. It was 1978, and I was impressed of the calm atmosphere, the dancing (eurytmi) the painting (wet in wet), their interconnectedness with environment, vegetarian food, alternative medicine, water cleaning etcetera.

When I visited this particular school (it is the most famous one here in Sweden, outside the town Soedertaelje, founded 1949, and has been supported, and with regular inspection, since then) last year, more than 30 years after my first impressions, I saw exactly the same thing (!) They were doing the same things!

so, the creativity in Waldorf schools must have some limits ;-)

I am not saying that these schools are bad for children - but from a CHAT-perspective.... let's say... we have at least a lot to talk about

They are dedicated to greek ideas about temperaments, Goethe and Rosseau... and the natural child

I prefer Villon, Rabelais, Voltaire and Diderot.... and Vygotsky... and cultural-historical children performing together, doing what's not yet here

You can watch some pictures of their beautiful architecture on:

http://www.antroposofi.info/jaerna/

Leif - not so waldorfian - and absolutely not a Steinerian
and nowadays not even a vegetarian