Re: [xmca] Infant Mortality - Cuba and others

Ulvi, thank you for your note and link on this. It got me looking for a few minutes at the Wikipedia on infant mortality rates, a traditional measurement for modern social progress, and reflecting on what "4.8 per 1000" really means. It means a lot! And to me, Cuba's accomplishment means even more than just the many, many lives saved. Cuba's accomplishment also points to new ways of understanding, creating and practicing medical care as a fundamental human right for all.

- Steve