[xmca] Fwd: Visual literacy? Surf an art museum - Lifestyle - SignOnSanDiego.com

The various extensions of the term, "literacy" that we have witnessed in
recent decades always leave me somewhat uncomfortable, "health literacy"
being the
most recent addition. The article attainable below actually has an
interesting
definition of visual literacy and I thought others might be interested (if
you can ignore the ads!)
mike

         [image: SignOnSanDiego.com] <http://www.sosd.com>
    * Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified.
    You have received the following link from mcole@ucsd.edu:
  Click the following to access the sent link:           Visual literacy?
Surf an art museum - Lifestyle -
SignOnSanDiego.com<http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1481902992>
*                   [image: SAVE THIS
link]<http://www.savethis.clickability.com/st/saveThisPopupApp?clickMap=saveFromET&partnerID=86541&etMailToID=1481902992>
[image:
FORWARD THIS link]<http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=forward&etMailToID=1481902992&partnerID=86541>
            Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to email content
from any Web site. Click
here<http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=browserButtons>for
more information.

<http://oas.uniontrib.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.uniontrib.com/clickability@TopRight>
        *This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire
address below into your web browser.
http://www.sdunion.com/news/2009/dec/20/visual-literacy-surf-art-museum