Re: [xmca] Obama's Learn Act

Andy, Larry, (and others),

So how do you make the case for "the ability to critique" to a
general public? What is the story you can tell that would
appeal to all (or at least many) sides of the debate and not
just those or us on the Left?

The commons seems a promising approach, but it feels somewhat
antiquated (and there is a "tragedy" associated with it -
notwithstanding the recent Nobel prizewinner in Economics who
showed that the tragedy of the commons is not inevitable).

I remain interested in any suggestions from old-heads of MCA
who might have a better feel for introducing language
(soundbites?) that can circulate and stay with us and that
will make the argument for developing "the ability to
criticize (one's own culture)"?

-greg